Financial/Accounting Systems, SR Analyst
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? This make be what you have been looking for!
In this position you will have the responsibility for the maintenance and processes as pertains to Pilot’s Financial systems - General Ledger, Budgeting, and Financial Reporting systems. This will include participating in the development, continuous improvements and systems enhancements, maintaining data integrity, limited financial reporting, issues resolution, and user support. This role will also manage small to medium projects in partnership with business clients to integrate new businesses, upgrade financial systems to the latest technology platforms as needed and ensure systems support overall modernization initiatives by collaborating with business and ERP teams.
During the first year, this position will be responsible for documenting the accounting business processes as pertains to the General Ledger (FSM) and establishing of governance and SOP as relates to the FIS team.
- Responsible for the systems administration and data integrity of key critical finance systems.
- This position involves heavy interaction with system users, Information Technology, and external software vendors
- The role will play a vital role in the setup, configuration, implementation, and support of the General Ledger upgrade (upgrade of Infor Lawson to Infor FSM)
- Implementation will also involve the development of tools, reports, workflows, and applications, including documentation of system requirements, design and development, testing, reporting, and delivery to end users
- Establish and maintain documented system procedures to ensure consistency and cross-training as it relates to the population and extraction of data from various systems
- Create and maintain documentation of finance systems, field definitions, process flows, and procedures
- Set up, maintain, and/or troubleshoot user account/profile setup issues Design, develop, and test finance system changes and enhancements
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for assigned system(s) for projects, upgrades, daily file processing, and enhancements
- Influence system optimization efforts to improve processes within the Finance organization through better use of technology
- Manage projects/process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate growth to continually improve levels of quality
- Create and deliver recurring and ad hoc data sets/reports/queries for internal customers
- Assist with report design, development, automation, and enhancement for the Finance team
- Serve as liaison with Information Technology, other internal departments, and external software vendor
- Research and resolve data inconsistencies, system errors, and end users’ questions (amount of time varies by systems assigned)
- Utilize interpersonal skills when working with various customers and peers to accomplish project goals
- Maintain awareness of current trends in FIS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems training, materials, and techniques. Through classes, reading, industry conferences, or other mechanisms, continuously increase both industry knowledge and FIS application/tools knowledge. Participate in relevant user group meetings/conferences.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, computer science or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years in Financial Systems required or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Infor CloudSuite FSM and/or Lawson is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- General understanding of ERP and FIS systems required
- A basic understanding of US GAAP and accounting principles is an advantage,
- Hands on experience performing system configuration and process flows within FIS
- Experience with flowcharting software such as Visio
- General knowledge of business processes and system integration
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafeteria
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines