Fleet Sales Associate-Indy
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide customer service and support for inquiries related to company fleet sales, and to close transportation equipment sales.
- Communicate with customers by phone, email, and through the dealership fleet sales website; respond to any questions related to available inventory for sale
- List equipment available for purchase on the company’s Fleet Sales website; include descriptions, specifications, and photos
- Post pictures and sales information on third party advertising websites to generate online customer traffic and promote equipment sales
- Monitor online inventory status to ensure equipment is posted in a timely manner, and online information is accurate and up to date
- Use inventory guidelines to process equipment and prepare license tags
- Provide customer service in person, by phone, and online; answer any questions regarding specifications, condition, and availability of equipment for sale
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or sales preferred
- State specific Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division salesperson license required
- Two years’ sales experience required; heavy duty truck sales and/or petroleum hauling equipment sales preferred
- CDL preferred
- Knowledge of diesel engines and the trucking industry preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through skills
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop new leads through cold calling
- Motivated to meet and exceed sales goals
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule Weekly Pay