Food and Beverage Analyst
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to administer the Food & Beverage Category and Innovation departments ongoing sales reporting, sales communication, data analysis, and research efforts for the Food & Beverage categories.
- Provide daily sales performance updates and reports to category managers that compare prior year (Like Like) and budget.
- Provide a weekly, mid-month, and monthly Food & Beverage sales, margin performance to the Food & Beverage and Innovation managers
- Collaborate with Food & Beverage Category Managers to create reports and analytical tools that support the business needs
- Research, analyze, and share business insights that help identify areas of business growth, risk, and challenges
- Maintain and update the collection and reconciliation of deli rebates
- Maintain, regularly update, and assist with monthly reconciliation of the Food & Beverage capital budget and the supplies and equipment budget
- Develop and maintain budgeting tools and coordinate budgeting efforts with the Category Managers for deli operations
- Collaborate with Food & Beverage Category Managers to create the annual and monthly Food & Beverage budgets
- Provide analysis, reporting, and insight into the performance of all Food & Beverage test programs
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or other related field required experience
- Minimum two years of data analysis required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, advanced Excel, and Tableau skills
- Minimum two years’ experience in data analysis required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a working knowledge of retail concepts
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Enthusiastic and adaptable team player
Overnight travel required less than 5%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.