Food and Beverage Project Specialist
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Do you have experience in the food & beverage industry? Does the idea of managing projects excite you? Are you an excellent communicator on a variety of platforms? If so, our Food & Beverage Project Specialist position is for you!
This role within the innovation team supports culinary and process development, working cross-functionally to provide accurate costs for new products, gauge customer satisfaction, review food product trends, and ensure timely and accurate information through management of the Stage-Gate process.
- Coordinate all functions of central location testing, in-store intercept surveys, and trials for new product development from recruitment to reporting
- Conduct store visits in support of new product tests/ launches to gain feedback from team members and customers
- Manage all new and existing recipe costs as it relates to Gross Profit Margin targets as assigned
- Provide ongoing yield and portion data to support the costing and nutrition functions
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide quarterly trend updates to the innovation team
- Maintain the team’s project management process, Stage-Gate (SG), by following all SG processes and procedures and supporting the product development process through procedural documentation
- Maintain Innovation and Stage-Gate project files, ensuring one version of the truth
- Works with the Development Chef to build and maintain the Innovation pantry items for test, launch and bring back.
- Deliver clear and concise communication to SSC teams; maintain own knowledge of industry recipe and product pattern language to incorporate in communication
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to support the development and testing of new and innovative food and beverage products
- Monitor Deli food item sales and financial performance; drive and execute training strategy to meet or exceed annual sales and profit budgets
- Work with project lead to review new development and provide direction on in-store execution and simplification
- Assist in product ordering, maintaining the kitchen area, and organizing tests and trials
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study preferred
- Minimum two to three years of operations or related business preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Intermediate knowledge of HACCP and FDA regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and analytically in day-to-day decisions and long-range planning
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and mentor others on the team to do the same
- Ability to model agility and work effectively in a fast-paced, frequently changing business environment
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Cafeteria
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Travel required is less than 25%