Fuel Services Support Specialist II
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Do you love solving problems? Are you great at troubleshooting and providing support over the phone? Can you deescalate issues and provide quick resolutions? This is the position for you!
The purpose of this job is to provide troubleshooting support and repair coordination for all fuel-related issues at Pilot Flying J (PFJ) travel center locations and to assist the Specialist I positions with escalated issues.
What you will do:
- Liaise with store employees and vendors to ensure timely repair of facility fuel issues in a prioritized and cost effective manner
- Independently determine whether repair or replacement is the most appropriate and cost effective solution for company sites based on cost parameters
- Calculate total job costs; create each purchase order (P.O.), dispatch vendors, approve cost revisions as required and order parts and equipment for onsite repair and replacement issues
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure competitive pricing and quality services; identify new vendors to maintain competitive rates and services
- Assist Specialist I team members with resolution of escalated issues
- Request, review and approve within approved financial parameters: work order estimates, service call invoices, and repair agreement invoices
- Train store personnel on basic fuel maintenance procedures by phone, utilizing videos and other training material
- Participate in fuel support services on-call rotations
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
What you will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum one year’s experience required as a Specialist I, Fuel Support Services or equivalent experience required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Intermediate knowledge of fuel systems and industry terminology
- Fuel dispensing systems certifications (e.g., Gilbarco) preferred
What you will get:
Full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K and many other supplemental programs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8799288a-c521-4526-909b-96905fe22c36