Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to help drive business profitability, sustainability, and growth as a Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser.
- Serve as the gatekeeper for store layout integrity, agile space optimization, and retail organization
- Review and correct Plan O Grams weekly
- Perform major Plan O Gram resets
- Execute monthly Plan O Gram updates
- Verify pricing and signage execution
- Provide inventory transfer support and manage returns
- Local/Regional activity and competitor review
- Responsible for merchandising activity previously executed by 3rd party vendors
- Support store team’s vendor management processes
- Assist with the accuracy of item level inventory
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- 75% travel required
- Must live in the Western region of the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum one year marketing, merchandising, or hospitality management experience required; Pilot Flying J experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience using an electronic inventory management system within context of store operations
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to manage time and work within deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to make travel arrangements and plan for work trips
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 064b4bb7-b4c7-4844-ace4-e9c78dd69d15