Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to help drive business profitability, sustainability, and growth as a Full Time Retail Sales Merchandiser.
- Serve as the gatekeeper for store layout integrity, agile space optimization, and retail organization
- Review and correct Plan O Grams weekly
- Perform major Plan O Gram resets
- Execute monthly Plan O Gram updates
- Verify pricing and signage execution
- Provide inventory transfer support and manage returns
- Local/Regional activity and competitor review
- Responsible for merchandising activity previously executed by 3rd party vendors
- Support store team’s vendor management processes
- Assist with the accuracy of item level inventory
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- 75% travel required
- Must live in Texas
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum one year marketing, merchandising, or hospitality management experience required; Pilot Flying J experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience using an electronic inventory management system within context of store operations
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to manage time and work within deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to make travel arrangements and plan for work trips
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: a2c5c0c9-599e-487b-b12b-60c192617f93