Human Resources Internships - Summer 2022
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Summer Intern Program
Pilot Company's Summer Intern Program is a full-time program hosted at our Support Center in Knoxville, TN. Running 10 weeks every summer from late May until late July, our Intern Program is an interactive and challenging internship experience for students who are ready to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Gain experience in your field of study while working on department-based projects
- Collaborate with other interns on projects targeting company initiatives
- Participate in professional development sessions, including resume and LinkedIn workshops, exploratory interviews with corporate recruiters, and a public speaking course
- Participate in philanthropic events alongside other team members
If you are majoring in Human Resources, Analytics or a related degree, consider interning with Pilot Company during the summer of 2022! Our Human Resources department is offering internships with the following teams.
- Human Resources Generalist
- People Analytics
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Development (Pursuing a masters in Industrial-Organizational Psychology required for this position)
The intern program experience is offered for current college and university students.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Minimum two years’ completion of bachelor’s degree preferred
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Analytics or related preferred
- Pursuing a master's in Industrial-Organizational Psychology required for Talent Development internship
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to resolve business issues in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple issues simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and focus
- Problem solving and situational analysis skills
- Strong customer support skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our Summer Intern Program is hosted at our Support Center located in Knoxville, TN.