HVAC and EMS Specialist II
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide troubleshooting support, repair and installation coordination of HVAC/R equipment at travel center locations in the US and Canada.
1. Manage HVAC/R work orders in ticketing and dispatching system communicating with vendors and internal techs through resolution of issues
2. Utilize EMS for set point changes and troubleshooting of HVAC/R issues to dispatch intelligently.
3. Manage proactive work orders to resolution and communicate regularly with stores and regional managers for status updates
4. Calculate job costs; manage the work order process to including create purchase orders, dispatching internal/external technicians, approving work orders and cost revisions with authorized financial limits
5. Manage vendor relationships to ensure competitive pricing and consistent quality service
6. Determine the most cost effective means of sourcing parts and equipment
7. Review invoices reconcile with approved work orders and repair agreements
8. Work with stores and vendors to troubleshoot and avoid emergency dispatches if possible
9. Supply updated asset information for the enterprise asset management system (EAM)
10. Coordinate with Pilot regional facility services and service technicians dispatch team
11. Be flexible for calls after hours, holidays, and weekends as needed
12. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
13. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose, ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
14. Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in retail facility support or equivalent work experience required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills with proficient skills in Excel, applications, and work order systems.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC building and control systems (EMS)
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decisions
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Innate ability to find and create value through efficiency and cost management
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule
- Weekly Pay