Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to oversee, direct and provide project management for the Server Team. This team will be rebranded as the Compute Systems team
- Provide oversight and direction for the Server Team to meet business defined objectives and company initiatives that relate to the efficiency, availability and performance of server and systems configuration , tools and resources
- Maintain direct accountability for the quality, availability, effectiveness and support of Server and compute systems infrastructure and core infrastructure applications
- Manage, develop, mentor team members; Develop team work plans, assignments, resource plans and staffing requirements; initiate and recommend disciplinary action for employee as necessary; conduct annual performance reviews
- Plan, oversee, and ensure completion of scheduled and unscheduled sytems infrastructure maintenance
- Develop, recommend and coordinate the implementation of new standards, policies and procedures for the Server team
- Work with vendors to POC new technologies, upgrades and expansion and make recommendations to management; participate in price negotiation
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with functional business leaders and internal customers in assigned business areas and within IT organization
- Monitor industry trends, customer trends and external developments that may impact assigned business functions
- Direct the Server team regarding security of services; determine team members’ direct/indirect access to services
- Ensure availability to direct the Server Team in case of required emergency maintenance
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or minimum ten years’ experience in a related field managing a 24/7 data center in a highly transactional environment required
- Minimum five years’ experience managing staff
- Professional level experience with management administration or infrastructure work on systems. Proven ability to guide and lead team members with more domain knowledge.
- AWS Architect Certification Preferred
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time, including on airplanes and in cars
- Ability to lift or assist in lifting server hardware up to 50 pounds
- Climb ladders
- Availability to participate in 24/7 on call rotation