Integrations Development Manager
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to lead the enterprise data and platform integration practice, manage the associated internal and external resources, and coordinate the design and delivery of technical integrations to satisfy business needs.
- Oversee, lead, and set priorities for the Integrations Development team and Integration Strategy and Operations team
- Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Collaborate with business users to understand requirements and priorities
- Oversee the establishment of a technical integration framework to facilitate in the sharing of data and business processes across the organization
- Oversee data integrations and the application programming interface (API) platform and strategy as well as the day-to-day Center for Enablement (C4E) operations
- Establish and manage the overall software development lifecycle of the integration practice
- Ensure the support and maintenance of custom applications and interfaces
- Determine team member goals and measure performance against those goals
- Collaborate and share business and technical knowledge with business users and software developers
- Oversee and direct work of vendors and contractors
- Perform cost estimations and assist with make or buy decisions
- Undertake continuous development of professional expertise, industry awareness, and promotion of the company through relationships and participation with industry associations, vendor events, and peer organizations
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems (MIS), computer science or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing overall technology platforms
- Management experience required
- Project management experience preferred
- Certification in AWS Cloud and Mulesoft preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development in a modern programming language required
- Basic knowledge of integration platforms and tools (e.g., MuleSoft, AWS API Gateway) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of C# and/or VB.Net preferred
- Basic knowledge of integration protocols (e.g., SOAP and REST) required
- Basic knowledge of proper architecture standards for multi-tiered APIs preferred
- Basic knowledge of on premise, cloud, and hybrid architectures preferred
- Basic understanding of database structure and architectures preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and the ability to write and understand complex queries preferred
- Expert level of knowledge of business processes and system integration
- Understanding and adherence to software development standards, guidelines, and protocols
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Nationwide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline