Internal Communications Specialist
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to support team member communication and engagement. This role supports the internal communications team in connecting team members with the information they need to succeed in their jobs.
- Write and prepare content for various communication channels, including the company portal, internal newsletters, and emails.
- Assist with creation and delivery of corporate communications to multi-audience segments.
- Research, plan, write and deliver stories that engage, educate and inform audiences.
- Assist with reporting, tracking and planning all communication efforts.
- Assist with preparation of communication assets, including presentations, scripts, and speeches.
- Process intake of communication requests from internal clients.
- Design, lay out and edit materials for print and electronic delivery.
- Assist with other internal or external communication tasks, as needed.
- Assist with overall Communications Department operations.
- Review materials to ensure they are aligned with brand standards, company policies and values.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, or similar field required
- Minimum two years of experience within a communications role required.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating writing and creative experience and skills required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Associated Press (AP) style writing knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and ability to expand relationships
- Strong sense of audience awareness
- Commitment to collaboration
- Comfortable learning new software
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.