IT Business Analyst II
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to analyze new Pilot Flying J (PFJ) IT projects and project requests (e.g., custom software development, third party product implementations), by defining the business need, understanding the cause, and devising a solution in collaboration with product owners, business sponsors and project managers throughout the project and/or product lifecycle.
1.Conduct scope discovery meetings to elicit detailed requirements (e.g., user stories and acceptance criteria) from product owners, business sponsors and project managers
2.Facilitate discussions and assist business units with producing specific project documentation for governance review
3.Collaborate with stakeholders to identify risks for projects and determine how to mitigate them
4.Work with product owners to organize and prioritize the backlog of requests
5.Participate in Scrum ceremonies, serve as Scrum Master on applicable projects and help facilitate any additional meetings
6.Assist project managers with compiling project updates to present to senior leadership and perform project management responsibilities as needed
7.Support the quality assurance team and product users during testing and validation
8.Develop plans and strategies for ongoing communication with PFJ leadership and stakeholders to help direct and manage business expectations throughout project lifecycles
9.Work with vendor and third party business analysts to maintain requirement integrity and ensure PFJ retains all relevant knowledge
10.Participate in and contribute to the PFJ Business Analyst Community of Practice
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or relevant work experience required
- Minimum three years’ business analysis work experience required
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment preferred
- Agile Analyst certification preferred
- Scrum Master certification preferred
- Training in business process modeling preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Visio, Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Familiarity and experience with Atlassian tools, specifically JIRA, Confluence, Tempo
- Knowledge of the software development process
- In-depth understanding of Agile Scrum and Kanban development frameworks
- Capability to create and understand complex system architecture and network diagrams
- Understanding of project management process
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.