Jr Scheduler, Marine Operations
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Come partner with the Manager, Marine Operations to manage, optimize and execute all marine related operations for PFJ Energy including charter-parties, voyage operations, demurrage exposure and trading routes.
In the Jr. Scheduler Marine Operations role, you are expected to learn, and ultimately be responsible for, the following -
- Nominate, schedule, and execute marine shipments of Refined Products and Renewable Fuels
- Understand & oversee product quantity and quality control for all marine shipments and vetting of all documents for accuracy and completion
- Enter and manage all marine shipment information into the ETRM system
- Collaborate with the credit and compliance teams using due diligence tools to ensure vessels and barges are vetted in a timely manner with counterparties, terminals and internally
- Collaborate with the credit and trade finance teams ensuring issuance of payment collaterals
- Collaborate with contracts group to review marine contract General Terms and Conditions
- Network and build working relationships with ship owners, ship brokers, ship charterers, terminals, and inspection companies
- Engage and work with customs brokers to understand and ensure accurate and timely import and export filings
- Review and approve counterparty invoices related to marine shipments
- Participate in special projects identified by manager, operations team, and traders
- Learn compliance rules and regulations related to your job function to ensure all activities follow rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in maritime studies, supply chain management or relevant field required
- Have sailed for 2 years and/or attended & graduated from one of the 5 U.S. based Maritime Academys, preferred.
- Knowledge of Incoterms 2010 and 2020
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; Advanced skills preferred
- Right Angle experience preferred
- Product specifications for Refined Products and Renewable Fuels, preferred
- Energy Operations lifecycle via various modes of transportation
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay