Learning and Development - Senior Specialist
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
When it comes to Learning and Development, are you a captivating facilitator? Have you lead teams in the past? Do you have relatable stories to share with your audience? If so, Pilot Company is looking to add an experienced Learning & Development Senior Specialist to our team to develop, implement, and assess the effectiveness of training solutions for Pilot’s Learning and Development team. In this role, you will support training programs end to end, including administrative/logistical responsibilities and facilitation with emphasis on leadership development.
What you will do on this team:
- Support the curriculum development and training delivery for the Talent Development team using various formats (instructor-led, virtual, eLearning)
- Support leadership development
- Develop content and define objectives
- Conduct needs assessment and analysis to identify development needs and define learning and performance objectives
- Create blended learning content aligned with learning objectives
- Partner with subject matter experts and other internal stakeholders (department leadership, Human resources staff) to identify needs, develop training content, and deliver most appropriate solutions
- Apply methods to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and impact of training Team Member performance
- Manage existing programs; make timely updates based on internal stakeholder feedback and changes in process or business needs
- Facilitate leadership development and team effectiveness interventions
- Lead training projects to include developing proposals for learning solutions and managing stakeholders, timelines, and communications to achieve desired outcomes
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and Pilot’s business to provide relevant and timely solutions
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree - I/O Psychology, Human Resources, Adult Education or related field
- Masters degree preferred
- 5 years of experience developing training content
- 3-5 years leading a team
- Recognized professional training certifications preferred
- Formal leadership experience preferred
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines