Manager, Applications Development
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to lead a team of analysts, developers and engineers and manage technology development projects and resources in order to accomplish business objectives that bring value to the company.
1.Oversee, lead, and set priorities for the team
2.Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
3.Develop and implement technology development plans, policies, and procedures
4.Manage and develop partnerships and relationships with key internal customers
5.Participate in and initiate collaborative planning processes for business technology, including "make vs. buy" decisions for technology
6.Partner with the business to analyze problems, translate business requirements, and recommend technology solutions
7.Work across the enterprise to share lessons learned and best practices in addition to serving as a change agent for the organization
8.Recognize necessary system improvements, and provide suggestions and recommendations
9.Manage project budgets and timelines to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
10.Communicate with business and IT to provide updates and status, and IT governance
11.Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
12.Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science,or minimum ten years’ equivalent experience in related field required
- 3 years of management experience required
Familiarity with enterprise products and platforms (e.g., Infor, SAP, Oracle ERP)
- Knowledge of software development process and familiarity of coding and database capabilities
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving
- Process analysis and project management sills
- Self-starter, well organized, with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to manage resources by leading, motivating, fostering learning and development
- Aptitude for motivating and inspiring people toward a common purpose
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.