Manager, Applications Development
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Are you looking to LEVEL UP your career? As our Manager of Application Development, you will:
- Oversee, lead, and set priorities for the Application Development team
- Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Develop and implement technology development plans, policies, and procedures
- Manage and develop partnerships and relationships with key internal customers
- Participate in and initiate collaborative planning processes for business technology, including "make vs. buy" decisions for technology
- Partner with the business to analyze problems, translate business requirements, and recommend technology solutions
- Work across the enterprise to share lessons learned and best practices in addition to serving as a change agent for the organization
- Recognize necessary system improvements, and provide suggestions and recommendations
- Manage project budgets and timelines to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Communicate with business and IT to provide updates and status, and IT governance
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Associate degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science, or minimum ten years’ equivalent experience in related field required
- Minimum three years’ management experience required
- Knowledge of software development process and familiarity of coding and database capabilities
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17df38fd-f714-41d7-a2bb-414c640d1c53