Manager, Business Intelligence Data Services
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to provide leadership and direction to the Business Intelligence Data Services team and provide strategic leadership related to enterprise-wide governance and utilization of data.
1. Oversee, lead, and set priorities for the Business Intelligence Data Services team
2. Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
3. Ensure the quality, availability, effectiveness, and support of data projects to meet business and end-user requirements and goals
4. Determine and plan for current and future enterprise data needs and strategy in relation to database life cycle management, capacity planning, high availability, and disaster recovery
5. Guide the development, analysis, and implementation of new standards, policies, and procedures for enterprise data
6. Collaborate with vendors to evaulate and determine the need for new technologies and make recommendation to management; participate in price negotiation
7. Provide direction to the Business Intelligence Data Services team regarding data security and governance, granting the minimal amount of permissions to the data as allowed by the task or project
8. Participate in budget development and management
9. Monitor industry trends, customer trends, and external developments that may impact assigned business functions
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
12. Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or minimum ten years’ experience in a related field required
- Minimum five years’ experience managing staff required
Professional experience with management, analysis, development, administration, or infrastructure work around data management
· Ability to motivate and direct the work of a team
· Customer service and team oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Travel required less than 10%
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
· General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time