Manager, Commercial Credit and Trade Finance
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Are you a highly analytical and trive in a complex and dynamic environment?
The purpose of this role is to perform a variety of tasks in support of the PFJ Energy Optimization, Trading, Marketing and Energy Services platform within the credit and trade finance department; including credit research and analysis, counterpart onboarding, credit reporting and system administration, and daily credit and collateral process management as required.
In the role you will:
- Onboard all external legal entities; including counterparts, marketing and crude hauling customers, terminal, storage, and pipeline facilities, carriers, brokers, and vendors in line with the onboarding policies and procedures.
- Manage analyst performance of daily credit activities in coordination with the Head of Commercial Credit & Trade Finance and PFJ Energy Treasurer to ensure exposures are maintained within approved limits under the credit policy and Bunker Hill Oil Marketing LLC (BHOM) borrowing base commodity financing facility
- Thought partner to the Head of Commercial Credit & Trade Finance implementing and refining Pilot Company fundamental credit standards across the enterprise to ensure the implementation of a disciplined credit process across all business lines
- Mentor and guide an analyst team in the completion of credit scoring, analysis, and reviews in support of credit limit approval process in line with the credit policy. This position is a working manager role that requires both the ability to perform and review fundamental credit analysis in a fast-paced commercial growth-oriented trading, marketing, and energy services business environment
- Select, train, develop and mentor direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Design, plan, implement and maintain the credit and collateral system of record including, counterpart information, contacts and onboarding documentation, credit ratings, parent guarantees, letters of credit, family hierarchies, and credit insurance
- In coordination with the Head of Credit and Trade Finance build, maintain, and improve credit scoring models and review templates in support of the business
- Lead and mentor team of analysts in building reporting layouts within the credit system to manage daily credit tasks as well as periodic commercial and senior management reporting
- Support Treasurer and Head of Commercial Credit & Trade Finance as needed in the monthly working capital and credit pricing & reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field required
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or related field preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience required, more experience a plus
- Energy commodity work experience required, deep experience across delivered and rack marketing, pipeline and vessel trading, and energy/oil field services including trucking, pipeline, water disposal a plus
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred. Including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field of energy trading and marketing credit risk management and research preferred
- Trade Finance acumen and borrowing base credit facility reporting experience a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
- Driven to take initiative and work independently and within a team environment
- Well versed in reading and interpreting financial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay