Manager, Commercial Trading Tech & IT Support
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you have experience in the fast paced commercial commodities trading, optimization and wholesale business? Are you an IT Manager that likes a challenge and enjoys creating a vision for your team? If you answered yes to those questions, this job might be a great fit for you! Pilot Company would like to add a Commercial Trading Tech and IT Support Manager to our team onsite for our Houston office to lead an Information Technology (IT) Level 2 support team.
What you will do on this team:
- Oversee IT support and service delivery and management activities for our Houston Team Members and Houston office, which primarily houses Pilot’s fast-paced commercial commodities trading teams.
- Lead and set priorities for the Houston based IT Level 2 support teams focused on the trading, optimization, wholesale and terminaling business verticals.
- Manage team and provide on-site and remote technology support for commercial energy trading systems and associated platforms including but not limited to Right Angle, Zema, Risk platforms, and Salesforce platform.
- Coach, train and develop direct reports (includes appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews).
- Implement comprehensive Service Management processes in vertical, that include supporting policies, controls, metrics, procedures, and training for support teams.
- Manage crisis response affecting business departments and end users for the IT Level 2 team during escalated interruptions (e.g., service disruptions, outages, major incidents).
- Manage service interruptions and failures by recording, communicating, prioritizing, analyzing, and resolving incidents and problems; escalate and route issues to appropriate teams as needed, serving as Critical Incident Manager at times.
- Lead team providing advanced technical support across multiple platforms for business departments and end users; perform ticket analysis to review trends and proactively detect problems.
- Communicate and collaborate with IT partners, including development leads, product owners and IT solution owners, to coordinate related release and resolution efforts across the Level 1 and Level 2 teams.
- Establish and adhere to service level agreements (SLAs) with internal business partners and third parties. Meet related KPIs.
- Lead oversight of third-party vendors’ work to ensure vendors fulfill contractual commitments and statements of work.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of documentation across Level 1 and Level 2 teams.
- Assist with proactively monitoring events (e.g., warnings and exceptions) and identify routine activities and resolutions that can be automated to improve system efficiencies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and maintain knowledge of current industry trends and developing technologies.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree required; field of study in business or technology preferred
- Seven years in IT or applications support for a commercial energy trading or energy commodities business.
- Knowledge and familiarity with core energy commodities trading and supporting applications, including Right Angle and Zema
- Minimum three year’s experience managing people preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of ITSM/ITIL 4.0
- Intermediate knowledge the creation and fulfillment of service level agreements
- Intermediate knowledge of vendor management and contractual statements of work
- Knowledge around energy commodities trading, supply optimization and energy terminal systems and processes preferred ·
- Ability to lead and motivate team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills for diagnosis, evaluation and resolution of complex problem situations
- Ability to work and make decisions independently to determine the appropriate course of action for issues and incidents
- Commercial aptitude and knowledge of a trading business’ and technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus within a team, fostering a positive atmosphere
- Ability to support nights and weekends if needed
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines