Manager, Data and Platform Integrations Development
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to lead a team of developers to design, build and implement technical integrations to satisfy business needs and manage the software development cycle of multiple custom software projects.
- Oversee, lead, and set priorities for the Integrations Development team
- Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Collaborate with business users to understand and gather requirements
- Manage the design and development of software applications and interfaces
- Manage the implementation process of delivering software
- Manage the support and maintenance of custom applications and interfaces
- Determine team member goals and measure performance against those goals
- Collaborate and share business and technical knowledge with business users and software developers
- Oversee and direct work of vendors and contractors
- Perform cost estimations and assist with make or buy decisions
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems (CIS), management information systems (MIS), computer science or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum five years’ enterprise application development experience required
- Management experience required
- Project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development in a modern programming language required
- Basic knowledge of integration platforms and tools (e.g., MuleSoft, AWS API Gateway) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of C# and/or VB.Net preferred
- Basic knowledge of integration protocols (e.g., SOAP and REST) required
- Basic knowledge of proper architecture standards for multi-tiered APIs preferred
- Basic knowledge of on premise, cloud, and hybrid architectures preferred
- Basic understanding of database structure and architectures preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and the ability to write and understand complex queries preferred
- Expert level of knowledge of business processes and system integration
- Understanding and adherence to software development standards, guidelines, and protocols
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to think critically
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through activities such as directing meetings and coaching other team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to assign tasks, set goals, and review performance of others
- Ability to design technical solutions to business problems
- Travel required less than 5%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.