Manager, Data Strategy
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to define, develop and maintain the data strategy required to support the efforts of the Data & Analytics Hub. This role will focus on how the team ingests, prioritizes and executes to achieve its goals and objectives across the greater data organization.
1. Research, define and implement best in class Data Strategy to ensure optimal processes, procedures and practices across the greater D&A Hub
2. Research, prepare and execute the DnA Council to provide executive level transparency and participation in setting the priority and resource allocation of the Data & Analytics Hub team
3. Serve as liaison between DnA leadership and the Chief Data Officer regarding department administration items, alignment on high priority items, resourcing decisions and planning
4. Serve as the Product Owner on enterprise level D&A initiatives and projects
5. Research and lead the execution of enterprise initiatives to drive incremental gross profit including but not limited to data monetization
6. Ensure team accountability for completing key enterprise data and analytic project activities; communicate project status and project risks to stakeholders
7. Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors and various 3rd parties to ensure we are optimally resourced and establishing best practices
8. Act as the focal point for understanding data from the corporate perspective and presenting the data in a manner that can be understood uniformly throughout the company
9. Mentor and guide less experienced team members and provide feedback on project work
10. Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the organization
11. Complete other duties as assigned
Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
· Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, information technology, or related field, required; Master’s degree preferred
· Minimum five years’ working in a data & analytics role
· Minimum three years’ leading projects and project teams
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies required; Scrum Master or Product Owner certification preferred
· Experience in data visualization best practices
· Experience deploying code into development, test, QA/AC and production environments
· Experience in T-SQL knowledge and skills required
· Experience in AWS or similar Big Data platform preferred
· PFJ institutional knowledge
· Excellent analytical skills and the ability to identify solutions to complex problems
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to communicate effectively across organizational levels and with leadership
· Passion to learn and embrace new technologies
· Ability to provide excellent customer service
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Ability to take initiative, work independently and within a team
Travel required less than 10%
· General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
· Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation for after hour and weekend production support
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.