Manager, DEF Plant-Atlanta, GA
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to manage the operations and maintenance of a Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) blending and bottling plant.
In the role you will:
- Oversee, lead, and set priorities for the DEF plant team
- Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews.
- Develop relationships with local railroad operations to ensure timely rail functions at the plant.
- Develop and maintain sales relationships with local DEF customers, taking the lead to promote the product and in assisting the sales team
- Work directly with the PFJ Rail Coordinator to verify rail car scheduling and blending sequence.
- Perform and lead plant’s DEF blending operations and collaborate with team to meet production deadlines and scheduled demand for bulk and bottled DEF
- Oversee plant maintenance and technical problems; contract with external vendors to resolve escalated plant maintenance and repair issues with minimal disruption to plan operations
- Maintain spare parts and consumables inventory for plant operations
- Ensure plant safety and compliance procedures are followed; train team members on safe, standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with DEF chemist by phone or email to ensure proper calibration of the DEF plant equipment; oversee quality assurance and quality control for DEF blending that meets ISO 22241 specifications
- Manage DEF plant operating budget and provide monthly plant status production reports to Sr. Terminal Operations Manager
- Research, recommend, and implement new technology improvements for the DEF plant
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum five years’ plant operations experience required
- Forklift operator certification required; can be obtained post hire
- Understanding of flow measurement equipment and systems
- Use of tools to replace or repair pumps and production equipment
- ISO specifications and compliance procedures
*Travel required up to 100%
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay