Manager, DevOps Automation
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to lead the development and strategy of automated, continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines. This person will also assist in setting the standards for Automation as it pertains to testing and best practices in delivering software to our internal and external customers.
- Oversee, lead, and set priorities for a team of DevOps engineers
- Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Oversee the design and implementation of automated pipelines (build, scan, test, provision, configure and deploy) for development and infrastructure projects
- Implement and champion consistent and repeatable release processes, standards and governances
- Establish and operate the DevOps Automation Center for Enablement and promote the DevOps culture, best practices and tools
- Maintain the library of reusable templates for continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and infrastructure as code
- Provide technical guidance and education for team members on automation tools and release processes
- Manage and develop partnerships and relationships with key internal customers
- Participate in and initiate collaborative planning processes for business technology, including "make vs. buy" decisions for technology
- Work across the enterprise to share lessons learned and best practices in addition to serving as a change agent for the organization
- Communicate with business and IT to provide updates and status, and ensure IT governance
- Serve as subject matter expert in company strategic business and technology planning activities
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or minimum ten years’ experience in a related field managing a 24/7 data center in a highly transactional environment required
- Minimum five years’ experience managing staff
- AWS Architect Certification Preferred
- Experience with Backstage is preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins or Cloudbees is preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Visio
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning and CI tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef, Powershell)
- Experience with configuration of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Basic knowledge of product/project management software (e.g., Jira and Confluence) for cross-team projects, task management and documentation Basic knowledge and experience with Agile and Scrum methodology
- Aptitude for understanding software development process and familiarity with coding and database capabilities
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to work odd hours and weekends as needed