Manager, Energy Marketing Accounting
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
- Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices align with overall company goals
- Develop and implement accounting practices and procedures
- Perform and oversee general accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets and income statements
- Prepare and oversee, record, and analyze accounting transactions to ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provide analytical, reporting and project support to accounting and business leadership.
- Respond to ad-hoc financial inquiries by analyzing, summarizing and interpreting data
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems, processes and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of new finance/accounting policies and regulations
- Compile, consolidate and analyze accounting and finance information to produce financial statements and reports.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Master’s degree in business preferred
- CPA required
- Minimum five years experience in accounting or related area required
- Bulk petroleum products marketing and services industry experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Lawson or general ledger (GL) accounting software required
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required
- Knowledge of Right Angle or other ETRM software preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong teamwork, conflict management, influencing and negotiation skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and PFJFresh Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline