Manager, Enterprise Applications
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you thrive in a fast paced work environment?
Take your career the next level by leading a team of Application Development staff and manage technology development projects and resources in order to accomplish business objectives that bring value to the company.
1. Oversee, lead, and set priorities for the Application Development team
2. Strong knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS to lead the design of projects
3. Strong application development knowledge in different languages i.e., Python and .NET
4. Good knowledge of system integration architectures, approaches, development practices, and delivery
5. Experience using Jenkins continuous integration server to run automate test suites.
6. Experience using Jira for work item/sprint tracking
7. Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
8. Develop and implement technology development plans, policies, and procedures
9. Partner with the business to analyze problems, translate business requirements, recommend technology solutions to provide updates and status, and IT governance
10. Work across the enterprise to share lessons learned and best practices in addition to serving as a change agent for the organization
11. Recognize necessary system improvements, and provide suggestions and recommendations
12. Manage project budgets and timelines to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
13. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
14. Ensure all activities are following rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
15. Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in computer science, or minimum eight years’ equivalent experience in related field required
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field preferred
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.