Manager, Grants and Incentives
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Manage and direct grant and incentive application development and process for electric vehicle (EV) charging or Hydrogen refueling infrastructure (HRI) incentives under relevant utility, state, regional and federal programs. Negotiate and ensure compliance with third-party EV / HRI incentive contracts. Develop, propose and implement strategy and process for EV charger and HRI site selection consistent with Pilot's business objectives. Work closely with internal teams to maximize returns for all EV charger and HRI site installations.
In this role you will:
- Recruit and manage team of analysts and grant writers to develop pipeline of EV charging and HRI locations that meet Pilot's business needs and goals
- Work internally with Business Development, Policy and other internal teams (e.g., Real Estate, Operations, Finance, Accounting, Legal, Construction, Regulatory Affairs, etc.), and externally with consultants, utilities and other partners to vet opportunities and select highest returning EV charging and HRI installation sites
- Survey new markets to find optimal locations that align with Pilot's new energies strategy
- Manage development of proposals in response to federal, state, regional and utility funding opportunities. Identify and manage funding programs to ensure grant and EV charger / HRI rebates are maximized
- Work with legal team in drafting, negotiating and executing various incentive agreements
- Communicate project progress, barriers, risks and needs to funding agencies and internal stakeholders
- Build external relationships with funding partners to be aware of EV charger and HRI incentive funding opportunities
- Develop and manage approved budget
#grants #incentives #ev #electricvehicles #infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in evaluating and prioritizing grant and incentive program criteria required
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience required
- Extensive knowledge of common incentive/funding contract terms and conditions required
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate a diverse team; ensure team and individual accountability and performance standards are met
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking/planning skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage project scope, schedule, budget, stakeholders and risk
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions, adapt to change and make effective decisions
- Excellent presentation skills to internal and external audiences
*Overnight travel required is up to 20%*
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.