Manager, HR Shared Services
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The HR Shared Services Manager has overall responsibility for the design and successful delivery of HR transactional processes, as well as leading the progression of the function and the broadening of the scope of services provided.
- Define strategic and operational direction of HR Shared Services, including defining the operational model, process design and improvement, systems of work and technology, team leadership and talent management, budgets, and vendor selection
- Define, monitor, and ensure the delivery of a comprehensive set of performance metrics that are relevant to the HR Shared Serviced operational model
- Establishes standards and procedures for handling team member questions, transactions, and administration of human resource programs
- Provides leadership and ownership in determining service level agreements, determining control standards and identifying issue escalation matrix
- Lead a team of HR Shared Services professionals to deliver an accurate and timely service to the broader HR team/s, and to continually drive for improvements in the team's performance.
- Builds and maintains a strong functional team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building and succession planning.
- Prepare and participate in the preparation of staff development plans, performance appraisals, and assess skills necessary to achieve work objectives
- Acts as liaison between the broader HR team and the HR Service Center to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs
- Instills a strong team member focused mindset within the team to ensure adherence to service agreements and delivery of an exceptional experience to team members at all levels
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years of progressive Human Resources or Service Center experience required
- Minimum of three years of management experience with demonstrated success in building, leading and motivating effective teams preferred
- Service Center management experience preferred
- Experience designing and implemented HR Shared Services highly preferred
- Knowledge of Case Management solutions preferred
- Knowledge of Infor CloudSuite HCM, GHR, TM, and/or Lawson S3 preferred
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate a diverse team; ensure team and individual accountability and performance standards are met
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivery of quality/accurate work products
- Logical reasoning and problem solving skills to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule Weekly Pay