Manager, Regional Safety-West Coast
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Preferred that candidates reside in California, Arizona or Nevada but all are welcome to apply
Pilot Company is seeking applicants for a Western Regional Safety Manager position. Applicants should have at
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing the safe transport of hazardous materials.
- Must have detailed knowledge of FMCSA regulations, laws governing hazmat transport, and a good disposition for dealing with drivers.
- The right candidate will have Transportation experience in all or any combination of the following fields: Compressed Gases, Cryogenic Liquids, Petroleum Fuels.
- Travel will be required approximately 75% of the time, and salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience level.
In this role you will:
- Analyze data from various systems to produce monthly reports detailing progress on company safety goals and identification of trends.
- Responsible for field observations, ride-alongs, and any additional field safety activities with new and existing drivers in Crude region(s).
- Conduct new driver orientation in Crude region(s) educating the drivers on company policies and procedures.
- Perform Safeland training for all drivers required to be trained in Crude region(s).
- Travel with Regional Transportation Managers (RTMs) to conduct training for drivers.
- Provide coaching/counseling to RTMs so they can effectively lead training sessions with drivers.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
- 5 years’ prior experience in the trucking industry
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline