Manager, Regional Safety - West Coast
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to produce safety related analytic reports for the Transportation Department as well as being responsible for field activities, as they relate to safety, in a Transportation Region.
In this role you will:
- Conduct field observations with new and existing drivers to assess compliance with loading and unloading procedures.
- Manage the field safety program in assigned region(s) to ensure compliance with Pilot Company procedures and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) and OSHA regulations for new and existing drivers.
- Oversee camera program to ensure coaching and required documentation is completed.
- Define and implement corrective action if driver is non-compliant to include immediate stop work authority; document corrective action ad record disciplinary action as needed
- Travel with field operations management as a subject matter expert to ensure consistency of training conducted by field operations Team Members; coach and provide feedback on safety training content and presentation effectiveness.
- Analyze data from various systems to produce reports detailing progress on company safety goals and identification of trends.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
- Minimum five years’ prior experience in the trucking industry
- Advanced level MS Office skills, specifically in Excel
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and EPA regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with a diverse work team
- Ability to apply critical thinking and situation analysis skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize based upon immediate and long term needs of the region and company
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage projects related to company goals and initiatives
- Financial acumen and experience related to budgets and internal audits
- Advance analytical skills (as applies to Additional Duties)
**Travel required up to 75%
- Exposure to diesel, gasoline, and crude oil (slight)
- Exposure to Hydrogen Sulfide gas (slight)
- Work around fuel drop areas, trucks, trailers, and fuel hauling equipment
- Exposure to various weather conditions and temperatures
- Available to work evenings and odd hours as needed
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay