Manager, Retail Technology Sales & Pricing
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to deliver products in support of a business vertical and provide guidance to teams in ways that promote the company’s culture (via either in-house or external teams). The Manager, Technology Solutions will also oversee the progress of technology development across all products within their designated vertical.
1. Formulates, organizes and monitors inter-connected products and projects within a business vertical.
2. Develops the comprehensive roadmap for products and associated projects, as applicable, within a business vertical.
3. Leads functional teams to solve complex business problems
4. Serves as the primary contact and decision maker for suitable strategies and objectives, collaborating directly with business stakeholders.
5. Coordinate and lead cross-product activities.
6. Lead and evaluate Solution Engineers, Scrum Masters and other staff as appropriate.
7. Accountable for successful development and delivery of products within a business vertical.
8. Apply change, risk and resource management to inter-connected products
9. Lead discussions with PMO and EPMO to ensure proper alignment of resources and priorities
10. Assume responsibility for the product teams, both PFJ and external resources
11. Assess performance and aim to maximize ROI
12. Prepare reports as needed for business stakeholders
13. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guest and team members are support at the highest level
14. Complete other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in business management, information technology or related field
· Minimum five years project or product management required.
· Recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows including Microsoft Office
· Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
· Advanced knowledge of agile software development tools and techniques including Scrum and Kanban approaches
· Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
· Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, resources required and expected follow-up, combined with working collaboratively to meet those needs
· Ability to make independent decisions for identifying an appropriate project methodology and framework
· Outstanding leadership and organization skills
· Ability to coach and motivate team members
· Ability to prioritize projects with input from business and IT team members
· Ability to identify risks and dependencies of project
· Strong analytical thinking skill
· Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
· Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.