Manager, Robotic Processing Automation (RPA)
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide leadership, coaching and technical expertise to support RPA developers in automation design, development, and deployment. Further responsibilities include driving stakeholder satisfaction, improving RPA & process mining capabilities and overall maturation of the robotics practice.
- Drive the design and develop of new automation and implement/mature the practice of process mining. Find innovative ways to deploy the concepts of RPA and Process Mining to drive Pilot EBIT and business results.
- Lead and coach your team to continually improve stakeholder satisfaction through superior product delivery
- Prepare (and deliver to leadership) pitch decks that showcase potential business value capabilities
- Prepare (and deliver to leadership) routine/recurring performance updates that track and showcase RPA impact
- Provide advanced technical guidance across multiple platforms for business process automation using Blue Prism
- Technical leadership of dev team including code review, logic recommendations, dev oversight, and launch approval.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation completion for solutions, focusing on methodology and technical content
- Participate in troubleshooting and re-design of existing automations where needed.
- Hold regular meetings with Business Analysts, Project Managers, and off-shore development teams
- Support production deployment processes, performance testing, investigation and remediation of production issues.
- Serve as point of contact for Senior Manager, stakeholders, business users, support, and other Developers
- Ensure team accountability for adherence to lifecycle process standards and development best practices.
- Collaborate with business users to define and/or clarify requirements for new or modified features.
- Provide direction and assist less experienced team members through mentoring and collaboration
- Troubleshoot and provide direction for platform, automation, or application issues.
- Mature technical capabilities to help accelerate and advance automation while assuring that we are up-to-date on the latest tools, versions, services, and automation trends
- Assist with recruiting and interview process; provide feedback and recommendations
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Industrial Engineering required or equivalent combo of education and experience
- Min 8 years in software dev required (robotics, automation preferred) or equivalent combo of Ed/experience
- Minimum 5 years of leading, coaching and assessing a team of 10 or more direct reports
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate a diverse team; ensure team and individual accountability and performance standards are met.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- This position is on-site at our Knoxville, TN location
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption AssistanceTuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Team Member Fuel Discounts
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3cfad2f3-0c10-4310-86fd-4b2789e7cc95