Manager, Wholesale Pricing
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to manage the wholesale pricing team and analyze customer and supplier product (diesel, gasoline, DEF, etc.) margin, sales, costs, and competition to determine the optimal price to achieve or exceed company level financial goals.
In this role you will:
- Oversee, lead, and set priorities for wholesale pricing team
- Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Collaborate with executives regarding wholesale pricing strategy
- Provide Sales leadership team with information, recommendations, and support on a regular basis to make effective business decisions
- Track and report on impact of pricing actions against targets in consideration of market factors to achieve financial goals
- Research, monitor, and coach the wholesale pricing team as conditions change to site level sales, margin, and competition through daily survey review
- Facilitate the collaboration and communication with cross functional teams regarding price strategy and market changes
- Lead the participation, feedback, and troubleshooting processes to identify opportunities for system enhancements to maximize efficiencies and productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Minimum five years’ petroleum industry or Pilot Flying J experience required
- Minimum three years’ petroleum pricing preferred (sales experience will be considered)
- Minimum two years’ leadership experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking, execution, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to set priorities, multitask, meet deadlines, and resolve problems with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to understand and work with a variety of complex interacting systems
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 90331026-e63f-4857-8434-14bfe1ae2405