Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to operate and maintain the machinery and equipment necessary in the loading and unloading of ethanol, wet & dry distillers, and corn.
In this role you will:
- Timely loading/unloading of all ethanol, distiller’s grains and other products by railcar and truck.
- Proper completion of all records related to the products loaded for shipment from the plant site.
- Ability to submit work requests when appropriate.
- Housekeeping as related, but not limited to the cleanliness and orderly organization of all areas that pertain to your duties.
- Keep current on the status of all operating equipment.
- Maintain rolling stock to include loaders, track mobile, skid steer, and fuel loader by checking fluid levels, greasing, lubricating and re-fueling.
- Inspect loaders, track mobile, etc. for defects, cracks, breaks, tires, etc. according to the designated schedule issued by maintenance and document the inspection results.
- Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical problems.
- Grease and check oil levels on all rolling stock equipment at the designated schedule and document.
- Properly document any accidents and/or injuries.
- Keep the plant in a tour-ready condition at all times.
- Frequent communications with the grain grader, feed merchandizer, and operations department.
- Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- 1+ year of industry/manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay