Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to provide Pilot Company senior leadership with information, labor analyses and reporting to make informed business decisions.
- Evaluate, analyze and budget store labor including Travel Center, Deli and QSR
- Create reports and present labor reporting and recommendations to senior leadership
- Complete ad hoc data analysis for all departments and business sectors throughout the company
- Manage various short and long term projects for all business segments and across all departments including but not limited to joint ventures, change management, and various consultants throughout the company
- Provide internal and external reporting and analysis across all PFJ companies, business sectors, and operational areas
- Collect and analyze market and competition data relative to new stores, new technology, and customer satisfaction
- Research and analyze new rules and regulations impacting the company and the industry providing analysis to management
- Lead and direct the work of interns
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest levels
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, business management, information technology or finance required
- Minimum two years’ work experience in data analysis required
- Minimum one year’s experience with using data visualization software (i.e., Tableau) required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Tableau and/or similar BI visualization software and data visualization best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent strategic, analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work across internal functional areas and communicate with different levels of the organization
- Problem solving, conflict management and influencing skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team to achieve stated goals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Travel required less than 10%