Operations Support Process Writer II
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to work collaboratively with subject matter experts to analyze requirements, understand and document system processes and functions for both existing systems and new initiatives.
- Write, edit, and maintain process related documentation including reference manuals, product manuals, procedural documentation (user guides and manuals) consistent with Process documentation standards
- Create requirements, mockups, and training material
- Plan writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines
- Communicate with Project Managers, Engineers, and Analysts to learn about specific products or processes
- Analyze and understand business systems, product requirements, user and support requirements
- Determine most effective publication type, project priorities, document format, document control, storage methods, and training methodologies
- Create and collaborate with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process
- Gather feedback from leaders and cross-functional team members to improve documents
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Technical writing required
- Minimum three years’ experience in related field required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across projects and departments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to translate and communicate Process concepts to meet the learning needs of Process and non-Process users
- Ability to analyze processes
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide excellent customer service
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Travel required less than 5%
General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time