Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to provide paralegal and administrative support to the legal group.
- Participate in construction team project review meetings and company real estate and development meetings
- Draft correspondence to landlords, tenants, perspective buyers, sellers, clerks and other counterparties
- Prepare for closings by reviewing and evaluating documents, generating closing checklists, updating information as necessary to coordinate timely closing of transactions
- Coordinate post-closing activities including, electronic closing binders, updating files, contract database (Icertis), and passing along relevant information to accounting, finance, and other relevant team members
- Track and maintain schedule of transactions, including deposits and due diligence periods for reporting and accounting purposes
- Analyze contracts and provide feedback to attorneys
- Maintain and update the contract database, generate monthly status reports, and draft notifications as directed by attorneys
- Research questions/issues for team members and auditing department
- Help coordinate resolution of mechanic’s lien issues
- Participate in special projects, as needed
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in commercial real estate transactions preferred
- Paralegal Studies certification from an American Bar Association approved program preferred
- Experience in supporting construction, environmental, mergers and acquisitions and other general corporate legal work is preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Professional demeanor when communicating through various mediums
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Travel required less than 5%