Plant Board Operator, Phoenix
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to ensure the safe, efficient operation of a transmix processing Plant.
- Monitor performance of Plant processing equipment, including distillation and hydrotreating equipment ("unit" or "units"), and make adjustments to unit operating parameters as necessary via the Plant control system Human Machine Interface ("HMI"), in order to maintain safe, efficient Plant operations and produce products that conform to required specifications.
- Respond to all Plant/control system alarms in a timely manner
- Notify Plant Management personnel in a timely manner of operating parameters/status or other issues that adversely impact Plant operations or otherwise require Management’s attention.
- Document/log changes in unit operating parameters/status
- Direct, train, and review Plant field operations personnel (Operator 2 and Operator 3) activities as necessary to produce products that conform to required specifications
- Coordinate ordering of finished product blend components as necessary to maintain adequate inventory and prevent an unplanned disruption in product sales.
- Document/log product specifications in designated database.
- Coordinate with Transportation personnel the timely delivery and removal of new and spent caustic solution in order to prevent a disruption in unit operations.
- Ensure that Operator 2 and Operator 3 complete all regularly scheduled and other facility/equipment inspections in a timely manner
- Coordinate completion of quality assurance duties, including required sampling and analysis with lab personnel, Operator 2 and Operator 3 to ensure all components and finished products conform to specifications and are available for sale.
- Coordinate shift turnover with new operations shift personnel.
- Attend all monthly safety meetings/drills and provide an operational report for the prior month’s activities.1
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of board/control room operating experience required
- Petroleum refining or processing plant operations
- HMI/process control system use
- Good written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve errors and issues
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to operate in SCADA or HMI environment.
- Ability to don and doff SCBA
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule
- Weekly Pay