Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to conduct project cost analyses and estimates, and assist in the bid process for construction projects.
1. Collaborate with project managers in preparation of preliminary budgets
2. Review design options and recommend best solutions based on cost, quality and availability of labor, materials and equipment
3. Identify and prepare contractor scope of work, solicit bids, and assist in proposal analysis, buyout and turnover process
4. Collaborate with engineers, architects, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
5. Maintain unit cost and historical cost database
6. Develop and maintain subcontractor relationships
7. Assist stakeholders in negotiating national vendor pricing
8. Conduct post-project closeout cost analyses and reporting
9. Work with project teams to ensure that cost targets and deadlines are met
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
12. Complete other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
· Bachelor’s degree in construction management, building science, architecture or engineering preferred
· Minimum one year’s construction estimating experience preferred
· Minimum one year’s work in the construction industry preferred
· Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred
· Technical knowledge of building methods and the construction industry, including reading and interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Superior organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple assignments at the same time
· Strong analytical, problem solving, attention to detail and critical thinking skills
· Ability to negotiate and influence others
· Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
· Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
· Ability to communicate effectively across all organizational levels
Travel required less than 5%
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
· General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.