Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position requires accurate and accountable performance of all necessary duties to ensure safe and efficient operations in the fermentation and distillation areas of the facility. This position works under the immediate supervision of the Operations Manager and functionally reports to the Team Leader at the location.
In this role you will:
- Learn all facets of the ethanol process including: cook, distillation, evaporation, dryers, thermo oxidizer, centrifuges, grain system, and water treatment.
- Learn and operate DCS (computer control system) for the plant.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for plant start-up, shut down, cleaning and batching.
- Stay within operating parameters set by Plant/Production Manager and notify management of any production problems.
- Keep accurate and timely logs.
- Collect samples and do the necessary tests to ensure consistent and quality product and record results.
- Monitor and make adjustments on the (DCS) computer according to the results of the samples and to keep within parameters and record changes.
- Keep facility, control room, and break room clean including mopping and hosing down plant floors - tour ready conditions.
- Keep operators, coming on shift, briefed on what has happened and what is supposed to be done during the next shift.
- Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical problems.
- Communicate with the Laboratory and learn testing procedures including but not limited to yeast counts, microwave analyzer, HPLC, and the GC.
- Responsible for notifying Production/ Plant Manager of any production problems.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned by the Plant Manager/Production Manager.
- Help out in other areas as needed.
- 12 hour shift work including a three day weekend every other week. Day and Night positions available.
- Available occasionally for call in work and overtime.
- Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
- Required to follow all safety procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to operate utility vehicle.
- Must be hard working and self-motivated
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- No experience necessary.
- Experience in industrial production plants helpful.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of applicable regulatory requirements of FRA, TTB and state regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: b36c612e-c8fb-4c4f-b658-f1ec0f27c31b