Product Developer, Food and Beverage Innovation
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to assist in the design and development of new products from initial concept to launch, conduct research, perform data collection, yields, shelf life testing and product trials in line with the written brief.
1. Creates and develops new products and improves existing products as defined in the brief and established through consumer research and Category Team input.
- Develops products following a stage gate protocol to ensure they meet established benchmarks (Define specific requests, research, cost parameters and operational processes, instore training and launch).
- Assists in sourcing and maintains vendor information for new ingredients, processes, and packaging.
- Assists in sensory testing on new and existing products using appropriate methods
- Establishes formulation and processing parameters to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Deliver clear and concise communication to the food & beverage innovation and category teams.
- Responsible for the accuracy, documentation and data entry of working recipes, yields, portion variability, procedures and other information as required.
- Refines recipes for successful execution within operational limitations.
- Coordinates supplies and provides assistance to food stylist during photoshoots
- Visits test locations to evaluate product performance as required.
- Maintain strong competitive awareness, including product offers, pricing, and proximity of competitors
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities follow rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts preferred
- Minimum three years’ Food & Innovation experience required
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of culinary principals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.