Product Developer, Food and Beverage Innovation
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
This role within the Innovation Team supports Deli Team objectives through culinary and process development, working cross functionally to provide new recipes and enhancements to existing products and processes, that meet the brief, through customer intercepts, CLT and Sensory events, and ongoing food product trend reviews, ensuring timely and accurate information through the development process.
- Leads recipe development and documentation, collaborating with the Development Chef to create recipes and concepts, based on product briefs and current market trends.
- Conducts yield and portioning analysis to ensure in store success.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide quarterly trend updates to the innovation team.
- Works to ensure that ingredients are available for the product launch period and widely distributed.
- Works within the current pantry of ingredients before bringing in new.
- Works with the Project Manager to build and maintain the Innovation pantry items for test, launch, and bring back.
- Deliver clear and concise communication to SSC teams; maintain knowledge of industry recipe and product pattern language to incorporate in communication.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to support the development and testing of new and innovative food and beverage products.
- Supports product photo shoots as needed.
- Conduct store visits in support of new product tests/ launches to gain feedback from team members and customers.
- Work with the innovation team to review new development and provide feedback on in store execution and simplification.
- Own product ordering, maintaining the kitchen area and organizing tests and trials.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years experience in a culinary or food manufacturing background preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently or collaboratively with a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and mentor others on the team to do the same
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- Ability to model agility and work effectively in a fast-paced, frequently changing business environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of PFJ store and deli operations- (nice to have)
- Basic knowledge of HACCP and FDA regulations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.