Program Intern, Internal Audit
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Pilot Company’s professional internship designed to provide on-the-job training and experience to recent college graduates. Engages in various work assignments, projects, and activities of varying complexity, structured to enable the intern to gain the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform at a professional level, typically identified with a targeted exempt position. Receives training and mentorship in planning and carrying out activities and assignments. This is a 10-week paid internship program.
- Provides entry- to intermediate-level professional services, under supervision of professional staff, as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the business unit
- Undertakes and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization
- Participates in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise
- Interacts directly with colleagues and other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems
- Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Master's level degree seeking students; no previous work experience required
- Rising juniors or seniors preferred
- Entry-level knowledge and skill at the Bachelors or Masters level within specified area of professional specialty
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and follow complex, detailed technical instructions
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment