Project Manager I, Construction Development
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to oversee the direction, coordination, and completion of facility construction projects from inception to facility opening while adhering to critical plan submittal deadlines.
- Interface with governing agencies to assess entitlement, permitting, and zoning requirements
- Arrange and assess civil design, geotechnical, and environmental investigations and provide cost effective direction to consultants based on assessment findings
- Review design details with consultant team, Operations, and Executive management team
- Establish and monitor project budgets
- Support construction team in contractor bid process
- Coordinate equipment purchases including quote solicitation, obtaining purchase orders, and scheduling deliveries
- Manage facility remodel, major maintenance, and catastrophic damage projects
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in related construction field required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related construction field, or three years’ experience in development and project management related field including large format retail preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to prioritize project specific tasks while instilling a sense of urgency with the external and internal team participants
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective problem solving and situation analysis skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to respond to governing agency decisions and propose resolutions that meet government requirements and company expectations
- Ability to present company projects publicly before government agencies and local residents
Travel required less than 5%
General office work requires sitting or standing for long periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.