Purchasing Agent II
At Pilot Flying J, our care and commitment to our team members comes from a deeply rooted history that started nearly 60 years ago. Since that opening we have celebrated many accomplishments and have stayed true to our mission of "Connecting people and places with comfort, care and a smile at every stop." Join our challenging, fast-paced work environment at our corporate headquarters based in Knoxville, Tennessee and you’ll work alongside industry-leaders and benefit from our record-setting growth.
In Addition, Pilot Flying J offers benefits to all Team Members. From health benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, HRA and FSA), to financial (Competitive Salaries, 401k, Tuition & Adoption Reimbursement, Paternity Leave), as well as progressive technology, on-site fitness center/classes, access to leadership, and career advancement. At Pilot Flying J, we have abundant opportunities for all team members!
The purpose of this job is to provide product and services sourcing as well as store support encompassing response and resolution to store needs and problems.
1. Lead product and services administration and store support including sourcing, testing, and selecting new products, programs, and services; respond to store needs and solve store problems
2. Compile and send out bid packages to potential vendors, analyze returned packages, negotiate contract terms and review, and analyze and edit contracts
3. Recommend and collaborate in vendor evaluation, selection, and negotiation process; establish and maintain contractual and business relationships with the vendors, and adjust sourcing strategies based on supplier performance business unit input
4. Conduct pricing analyses and total cost models as well as ad-hoc and standard reports
5. Organize, review, and analyze company data to identify trends, create meaningful reporting, and develop action items
6. Remain current with market trends through relationship with vendors; perform market research and identify new solutions to company’s key problems
7. Identify, develop, and implement strategies to achieve process improvements and secure reductions according to implementation plans including post-bid invoice review to verify and track attained savings
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
10. Complete other duties as assigned
·Bachelor’s degree required with major in finance, accounting, or related business field preferred
·Minimum three years’ related business experience required
·Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word skills, Excel and PowerPoint required
·Good understanding or knowledge of contract basics preferred
·Knowledgeable about factors affecting market and pricing of products