Purchasing Agent II
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to provide product and services sourcing as well as store support encompassing response and resolution to store needs and problems.
- Lead product and services administration and store support including sourcing, testing, and selecting new products, programs, and services; respond to store needs and solve store problems
- Compile and send out bid packages to potential vendors, analyze returned packages, negotiate contract terms and review, and analyze and edit contracts
- Recommend and collaborate in vendor evaluation, selection, and negotiation process; establish and maintain contractual and business relationships with the vendors, and adjust sourcing strategies based on supplier performance business unit input
- Conduct pricing analyses and total cost models as well as ad-hoc and standard reports
- Organize, review, and analyze company data to identify trends, create meaningful reporting, and develop action items
- Remain current with market trends through relationship with vendors; perform market research and identify new solutions to company’s key problems
- Identify, develop, and implement strategies to achieve process improvements and secure reductions according to implementation plans including post-bid invoice review to verify and track attained savings
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with major in finance, accounting, or related business field preferred
- Minimum three years’ related business experience required
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills
- Good understanding or knowledge of contract basics preferred
- Knowledgeable about factors affecting market and pricing of products
- Ability to manage multiple problem resolutions and work-streams concurrently
- Manage competing priorities while ensuring excellent service and product quality versus cost
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to perform financial modeling and coherently summarize results
- Proven and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and balance the demands of changing priorities
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay