Quality Assurance & Nutrition Coordinator
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
The purpose of this job is to provide day-to-day Innovation team support by assisting with the development of new products, creating quality assurance standards and monitoring nutrition data.
- Support the Stage-Gate process with rollouts and test initiatives.
- Ensure that product specifications are accurate and up to date for all proprietary ingredients or products by maintaining and periodically updating these records.
- Conduct quality assurance audits of new product productions runs by analyzing production run data and product against the written specification.
- Stay up to date and informed of recalls as it relates to ingredients in the PFJ supply chain.
- Prepare all label information (Ingredients, nutrition) for new product innovation, organized within the current nutritional data base and provided to the cross functional team.
- Conduct audits of nutritional data base with a particular focus on the accuracy of calorie counts and allergen information.
- Provide telephone and email support to troubleshoot store level questions and issues related product performance, product quality and nutrition.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure clear and concise communication of all Food and Beverage initiatives
- Partner with vendors to clearly understand all aspects of product/ingredient quality and nutritional attributes.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or Hospitality required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum one year of food science or nutrition experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, advanced Excel
- Basic knowledge of financial reporting
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Develop relationships with brand partners
- Demonstrate ability to be creative and innovative
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate consistency and reliability
- Ability to plan and organize projects, meet deadlines, and manage time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.