Rack Operator I, El Mirage
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to ensure the safe, efficient operation of the fuel transfer rack at the transmix processing Plant.
In this role you will:
- Monitor performance of plant transfer rack equipment and adjust the unit under the direction of the board operator in order to maintain safe, efficient plant operations and produce products that conform to required specifications.
- Communicate and coordinate with drivers under the direction of Board Operator.
- Respond to system alarms in a timely manner
- Ensure drivers are following all safety protocols.
- Notify Board Operator & Plant Management personnel of operating parameters/status or other issues in a timely manner that adversely impact fuel rack operation or otherwise require Management’s attention.
- Work under direction of the Board Operator to complete all activities as necessary to produce products that conform to required specifications
- Work with Process Operators to blend components to meet necessary requirements and ensure the product blend meets quality specifications; maintain adequate inventory and prevent an unplanned disruption in product sales.
- Complete all regularly scheduled and other facility/equipment inspections in a timely manner
- Completion of quality assurance duties, including required sampling and analysis with lab personnel, to ensure all components and finished products conform to specifications and are available for sale.
- Communicate equipment/process events from the shift, along with current status, with operations personnel at shift turnover. 11. Attend all monthly safety meetings/drills and provide an operational report for the prior month’s activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Preferred 1 year experience in a chemical refinery or fuel handling environment
- Petroleum refining or processing plant operations
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)/process control system use
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 75 pounds
- Use heavy tools (e.g. pipe wrench)
- Able to pass pulmonary fitness test, SCBA mask fit test and physical
- Able to see and use both hands for operating machinery and packing products
- Able to stoop, bend, and reach
- Able to climb ladders/stairs and work at elevated heights
- Available to work additional hours as needed
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay