Recruiter I, Driver Attraction
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to source, screen, and assist in hiring Drivers to meet company-staffing goals and to manage the full hiring process lifecycle.
- Source and screen candidates to fill open positions and ensure availability of qualified applicants for consideration
- Collaborate with hiring managers to ensure interviews, offers, required testing, background checks, and start dates are complete
- Manage hiring process cycle time to ensure timeliness of offers; assist with interview coordination at all levels within the company
- Meet staffing goals, filling critical openings in a timely manner
- Present talent to hiring managers and provide hiring recommendations
- Partner with hiring managers on succession planning, interview acumen, and building strong teams
- Consult with new placements 30 days post-hire to assess onboarding experience
- Complete monthly activity reports and status updates
- Participate in planning meetings to ensure the company maintains the capacity to attract top talent and meet staffing goals
- Make 50-100 calls per day to potential candidates to ensure staffing goals are met.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis in human resources management or related field, or equivalent recruiting experience required
- Minimum two years’ recruiting or staffing experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience screening and interviewing candidates
- Understanding of EEOC and other recruiting-related rules, regulations, and laws (including Canadian employment regulations when applicable)
- Experience using social media and marketing tools to source active candidates
- Familiarity with human resources (HR) databases and applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects successfully
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including telephone skills
- Ability to cold-call with confidence and persistence
- Ability to influence, cultivate and build relationships with others
- Ability to drive results with strong follow-up skills
- Strong social-networking skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule Weekly Pay