Region Manager, DEF Terminal Operations
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Oversee the operations and maintenance of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) blending plants and terminals to ensure proper blending specifications of DEF finished products.
In this role you will:
- Oversee, lead, and set priorities for a terminal operations team
- Select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Oversee plant maintenance, spare parts and consumables inventory
- Solve technical issues to keep blending plants and terminals operational, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Create, maintain, and train on safety and standard operating procedures; ensure such procedures are properly followed at each terminal
- Collaborate with DEF chemist to ensure proper calibration of the DEF terminal equipment; oversee quality assurance and quality control for the DEF blending terminals to meet ISO 22241 specifications
- Manage and coordinate outside vendors for plant repairs and projects
- Create and manage terminal operating budgets
- Provide monthly status reports on DEF terminal operations
- Conduct pre-site inspections and collaborate with the Development team on construction plans
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum ten years’ technical operations experience required
- Strong technical skills and understanding of flow measurement equipment and systems required
- Experience using tools to replace or repair pumps and heavy equipment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with ISO specifications and compliance
Travel Required more than 75%
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay